We are committed to respecting the privacy of our customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by us will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, we seek to opt in to the Privacy Act 1988 (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
We must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act. In particular we declare that we will:
Not collect personal information unless: the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of ours,
- the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
- Not collect personal information by any unlawful means;
- Collect the information directly from the individual;
Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
- the fact that the information is being collected, AND the purposes for which the information is being collected, AND the intended recipients of the information, AND whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided, AND the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information, AND the name and address of the entity that is collecting the information and the entity that is to hold the information
- Ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual;
- Ensure that the information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, etc.;
- Ensure that everything possible is done to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of the information;
- Help an individual to ascertain whether we hold personal information relating to them, and, if so, the nature of that information, its purpose, and their entitlement to gain access to the information;
- Provide the individual with access to the information;
- Make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading;
- Attach to the information, in such a manner as is capable of being read with the information, any statement provided by that individual of any amendment sought;
- Notify recipients of that information of the amendments made;
- Not use the information without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading;
Not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless:
- the individual to whom the information relates has consented to the use of the information for that other purpose, OR the other purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected, OR the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person;
Not disclose unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person;
- Ensure that, if personal information is disclosed to a person or body that is a public sector agency, that agency does not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to it;
Not disclose personal information relating to:
- an individual’s ethnic or racial origin; OR political opinions; OR religious or philosophical beliefs; OR trade union membership; OR health or sexual activities, unless required to do so by law or for the purposes of AVETMISS reporting, a Government requirement for all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
VET INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with RTO requirements, we are required to inform you of the following and require that acknowledgement be made prior to issuing a Statement of Attainment.
1. Personal information is collected from you for the purpose of obtaining and verifying participant related details. It is used by the State and Federal Government Departments for the purpose of planning, provision and reporting of educational and vocational training programs as authorised by the Education Act 1994 and the Skilling Australia’s Workforce Act 2005 and other related State and Commonwealth Acts and Regulations. It may be used for audit, verification, research, statistical analysis, program evaluation, post-completion surveys and internal management purposes.
2. Your personal information will be used for the primary purpose for which it is collected, and will be disclosed to The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), government and other authorised agencies for the purposes stated above.
3. Personal information will be managed in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 and may be accessed by the individual to whom it relates on request.